- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
An old fishing village, Altea is one of the best-preserved towns on the Costa Blanca. Look for gleaming white houses and a striking church with a blue ceramic-tile dome. The beach is pebbly. North of town, the Altea Hills area is more built up, with pretty villas lining the hills and cliffs.
Elsewhere in Catalonia, Valencia, and the Costa Blanca
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's