- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
An old fishing village, Altea is one of the best-preserved towns on the Costa Blanca. Look for gleaming white houses and a striking church with a blue ceramic-tile dome. The beach is pebbly. North of town, the Altea Hills area is more built up, with pretty villas lining the hills and cliffs.
Elsewhere in Catalonia, Valencia, and the Costa Blanca
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $699 & up -- Summer: Italy-France-Spain Cruise w/Oceanview Royal Caribbean