- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Museo Romano (Roman Museum)
Museo Romano (Roman Museum) Review
This small but wonderful and well-organized museum uses the archeological record to show what life was like in Astorga during Roman times, when the city was called Asturica Augusta. A visit here can also be combined with the Ruta Romana, a walking tour of Roman archaeological remains in Astorga that's organized by the tourist office.
- Address: Pl. San Bartolomé 2, Astorga, 24700 | Map It
- Phone: 987/616937
- Cost: €3 for Roman Museum and Chocolate Museum, €4 for Roman Route, €5 for Roman Museum and Roman Route
- Hours: Museum Tues.–Sat. 10:30–2 and 4–6, Sun. 10:30–2; Roman route walking tour (by reservation), daily 11–5
- Website: www.asturica.com
- Location: Astorga
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Off a cruise ship in Marseille for 1 day.
Been to AIX; thinking of CASSIS or AVIGNON for a day trip .
thanks Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more