- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Posada San José
At a Glance
- cozy historical rooms
- stunning views of the gorge
- built to 17th-century proportions, some doorways are stooped and rooms a bit cramped
Check Rates from our Partners
Posada San José Review
Part of a 17th- to 18th-century convent, the inn clings to the top of the Huécar gorge in Cuenca's old town and most of the traditionally furnished rooms here have balconies or terraces over the river. Intimate and personal touches, like a leafy garden and cozy nooks distributed around the public spaces, give the inn its charm, and an informal, friendly mood prevails. Most rooms have their own bathrooms, and some have adjacent sitting rooms with extra beds, which is a plus for families.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Off a cruise ship in Marseille for 1 day.
Been to AIX; thinking of CASSIS or AVIGNON for a day trip .
thanks Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more