- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Parador de León (San Marcos Monastery)
At a Glance
- among the most beautiful paradors in Spain
- great restaurant
- a big difference between the most and the least expensive rooms (this is the place to splurge for the good ones)
Check Rates from our Partners
Parador de León (San Marcos Monastery) Review
This magnificent parador occupies a restored 16th-century monastery and hospital built by King Ferdinand to shelter pilgrims walking the Camino de Santiago. Its plateresque facade also fronts a church and museum of archaeology. The suites and luxury rooms in the original section are worth the extra cost—the 175 rooms in the modern wing are fine but standard. Hallways and guest rooms have antiques and high-quality reproductions paired with contemporary art. The elegant dining room offers regional fare.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Off a cruise ship in Marseille for 1 day.
Been to AIX; thinking of CASSIS or AVIGNON for a day trip .
thanks Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more