- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Hotel Vía de la Plata
At a Glance
- great views and service
- weddings virtually take over the hotel on spring weekends, so request a room in a quiet wing, if such a party is in town
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Vía de la Plata Review
A giant slate terrace with views of the countryside is one major selling point for this pleasing hotel with a traditional brick-and-stone exterior and lots of sleek, modern details inside. The hotel, which takes its name from the ancient Roman trade route nearby, has a luxurious spa and indoor pool that beckon the many hikers and cyclists who travel the route today. There's also mini-golf for the kids.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Off a cruise ship in Marseille for 1 day.
Been to AIX; thinking of CASSIS or AVIGNON for a day trip .
thanks Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more