- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Palacio Episcopal (Archbishop's Palace)
Palacio Episcopal (Archbishop's Palace) Review
Just opposite Astorga's cathedral is this fairy-tale, neo-Gothic palace, designed for a Catalan cleric by Antoni Gaudí in 1889. Visiting during Astorga's Fiesta de Santa María, the last week of August, is a treat for the senses, when fireworks explode in the sky, casting rainbows of light over Gaudí's ornate, mystical towers. It's also home of the Museo de Los Caminos (Museum of the Way), which contains a large collection of folk items, such as the standard pilgrim costume—heavy black cloak, staff hung with gourds, and wide-brimmed hat bedecked with scallop shells—as well as contemporary Spanish art.
- Address: Glorieta Eduardo de Castro s/n, Plaza de la Catedral, Astorga, 24008
- Phone: 987/616882
- Cost: €4, or €5 for combined ticket with Museo Catedralicio
- Hours: May–Sept., Tues.–Sat. 10–2 and 4–8, Sun. 10–2; Oct.–Apr., Tues.–Sat. 11–2 and 4–6, Sun. 11–2
- Location: Astorga
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I know this is a long shot however, Im wondering if someone can offer up any advice?
My friend and I will be in Europe for about 3 month's, the main places we are going are
Barcelona, Ibiza, Nice France, Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more