- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Mesón del Cid
At a Glance
- English-speaking staff
- comfy beds
- central location
- older plumbing, and door handles might break, but the staff is good about remedying any inconveniences
Check Rates from our Partners
Mesón del Cid Review
Once home to a 15th-century printing press, this family-run hotel and restaurant has been hosting travelers for generations in light, airy guest rooms that face the cathedral. The dining rooms, lined in hand-hewn beams, share the view and the restaurant, which specializes in local dishes, serves excellent pimientos rellenos (stuffed peppers) and sopa de Doña Jimena (garlic soup with bread and egg).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Off a cruise ship in Marseille for 1 day.
Been to AIX; thinking of CASSIS or AVIGNON for a day trip .
thanks Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more