Castile–León and Castile–La Mancha Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
See El Greco's Toledo: The 16th-century Greek-born painter chose Toledo as his home, and several of his striking works are tucked away here. Don't miss the newly renovated El Greco Museum, with its caves and gardens.
Be mesmerized by Cuenca's "Hanging Houses": Las Casas Colgadas seem to defy gravity, clinging to a cliff side with views over Castile-La Mancha's parched plains.
Compare and contrast Salamanca's Old and New Cathedrals: The cathedrals are a fascinating dichotomy: the intricate detail of the newer contrasts with the simplicity of the old.
Visit Segovia's aqueduct: Amazingly well-preserved, this still-functioning 2,000-year-old Roman aqueduct is unforgettable, especially backdropped with snow-capped mountains.
Get stuck in a time warp: The walled city of Cáceres is especially evocative at dusk, with its skyline of ancient spires, towers, and cupolas.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe