When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
When to Go
The Canaries enjoy warmth in the winter and cool breezes in summer. Winter, especially Christmas, and Easter are peak periods for northern Europeans, while Spaniards and Italians tend to come in the summer, particularly during the August holidays. Reservations are extremely difficult at those times. Spring—when a profusion of wildflowers colors the islands—is the low season and the most beautiful time to be here. Since the Canaries are a year-round destination, prices tend to be roughly the same no matter when you come. You may have some luck negotiating discounts during the slowest months, May and November.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's