- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casa Roja Review
A harborside terrace makes this place a favorite; there's also a cozy upstairs dining room with old black-and-white photos of Puerto del Carmen. Casa Roja specializes in fusion: try the tiger prawns with bacon and dates to start, and follow with seared tuna with a beet and chili chutney, or the duck magret (breast), accompanied by a vanilla and honey dressing. If you can fit it in, don't miss the Baileys and chocolate bread and butter pudding. Reservations are a good idea at this very popular place.
- Address: Av. Varadero 38, Puerto del Carmen, 35510
- Phone: 928/515866
- Location: Puerto del Carmen
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch in July and Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Hi all, my husband and I (both age 30) plan to take a Europe trip next summer. Read more
· News & Features
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Travel somewhere new each year, and you just might find yourself along the way.... Read more