- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At the village of Tejeda, the road begins to ascend through a pine forest dotted with picnic spots to the Parador Cruz de Tejeda, currently not offering rooms. From the parador, continue uphill about 21 km (13 mi) to the Mirador Pico de las Nieves, the highest lookout on Gran Canaria. Here, too, is the Pozo de la Nieve, a well built by clergymen in 1699 to store snow.
Tejeda at a Glance
Elsewhere in Gran Canaria
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's