- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
From Tejeda, the road winds down to San Mateo, where you'll find the Casa Cho Zacarias museum of rural life and a winery. The museum is open Monday-Saturday 9-1. Pass Santa Brigida and turn right toward the golf club on the rim of the Bandama crater. Continue to the village of Atalaya, with cave houses and pottery workshops.
Elsewhere in Gran Canaria
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's