- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San Bartolomé de Tirajana
The administrative center of the south coast, San Bartolomé de Tirajana is an attractive town planted with pink geraniums. At its popular Sunday-morning market, in front of the church, you'll find tropical produce and island crafts. Just to the east, the village of Santa Lucía has crafts shops and a small museum devoted to Guanche artifacts.
Elsewhere in Gran Canaria
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's