- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
San Sebastián is a very walkable city, though local buses (€1.40) are also convenient. Buses for Pasajes (Pasaia), Errenteria, Astigarraga, and Oiartzun originate in Calle Okendo, one block west of the Urumea River behind the Hotel Maria Cristina. Bus A-1 goes to Astigarraga; A-2 is the bus to Pasajes.
The EuskoTren, the city train, is popularly known as "El Topo" (The Mole) for the amount of time it spends underground. It originates at the Amara Viejo station in Paseo Easo and tunnels its way to Hendaye, France, every 30 minutes (€2.10; 45 mins). EuskoTren also serves Bilbao (€5; 2 hrs, 40 mins) hourly and Zarautz (€2.10; 40 mins) every half hour.
For the funicular up to Monte Igueldo (943/213525 www.monteigueldo.es €2.70) the station is just behind Ondarreta beach at the western end of La Concha.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's