- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Biblioteca de Bidebarrieta
Biblioteca de Bidebarrieta Review
This historic library and intellectual club was originally called "El Sitio" (The Siege) in memory of Bilbao's successful resistance to the Carlist siege of 1876 (Carlists were supporters of Fernando VII's brother, Don Carlos, over his daughter Isabella II as rightful heir to the Spanish throne). Now a municipal library, the Bidebarrieta has a music auditorium that is one of Bilbao's most beautiful venues and a spot to check for the infrequent performances held there. The reading rooms are open to the public, a good place to read newspapers, make notes, or just enjoy the historical echoes of the place.
- Address: Calle Bidebarrieta 4, Casco Viejo, Bilbao, 48005
- Phone: 94/415–0915
- Hours: Weekdays 8:30–8:30, Sat. 10–2
- Metro Casco Viejo.
- Location: Bilbao
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Ok, I have totally redone our upcoming mid May trip, but there is still time to change things up. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more