- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Sidrería Petritegui Review
For hearty dining and a certain amount of carousing and splashing around in hard cider, make this short excursion southeast of San Sebastián to the town of Astigarraga. Gigantic wooden barrels line the walls, and sidra al txotx (cider drawn straight from the barrel) is classically accompanied by cider-house specialties such as tortilla de bacalao (cod), txuleta de buey (beef chop), the smoky local sheep's-milk cheese from the town of Idiazabal, and, for dessert, walnuts and membrillo (quince jelly). You can also buy cider in bulk, and take a tour of the factory.
- Address: Ctra. San Sebastián–Hernani, Km 7, Astigarraga San Sebastián, 20115
- Phone: 943/457188; 943/472208
- Website: www.petritegi.com
- Location: San Sebastián
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-Dec.–mid-Jan. No lunch Mon. late June–late Sept. No lunch Mon.–Thurs. late Sept.–late June.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
The only recent information about DCC was a post in October from IndyDad about his experiences. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more