- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Renowned chef Juan Mari Arzak's little house at the crest of Alto de Miracruz on the eastern outskirts of San Sebastián is internationally famous, so reserve well in advance. Here, traditional Basque products and preparations are enhanced to bring out the best in the natural ingredients. The ongoing culinary dialogue between Juan Mari and his daughter Elena, who share the kitchen, is one of the most endearing attractions here. They disagree often, but it's all in the family, and the food just gets better and better. The sauces are perfect, and every dish looks beautiful, but the prices (even of appetizers) are astronomical.
- Address: Av. Alcalde Jose Elosegui 273, Alto de Miracruz, San Sebastián, 20015 | Map It
- Phone: 94/327–8465; 94/328–5593
- Website: www.arzak.es
- Location: San Sebastián
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.–Mon., June 15–July 2, and 3 wks in early Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
My husband and I are taking a first time trip on the Windstar Yacht, the end of June. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more