- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
On the far side of Monte Igueldo (and the far side of culinary tradition, as well) presides chef Pedro Subijana, one of the most respected, creative and quirky chefs in the Basque Country. Prepare for tastes of all kinds, from Pop Rocks in blood sausage to mustard ice cream on tangerine peels. At the same time, Subijana's "straight," or classical, dishes are monuments to traditional cookery and impeccable: try the venison with apple and smoked chestnuts or the lubina with percebes (goose barnacles). Subijana also offers cooking classes; reserve online.
- Address: Paseo del Padre Orkolaga 56, Igueldo, San Sebastián, 20008 | Map It
- Phone: 94/331–1209
- Website: www.akelarre.net
- Location: San Sebastián
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. (and Tues Jan.–June.), Feb., and Oct. 1–15. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
We will be driving from the Barcelona airport to Mirepoix, France on May 15th. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more