- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Casino de Mundaka
Casino de Mundaka Review
Built in 1818 as a fish auction house for the local fishermen's guild, this building in the center of town, with wonderful views of Mundaka's beach, is now a fine restaurant and a well-known and respected eating club. The public is welcome, and it's is a favorite place for lunches and sunset dinners in summer, when you can sit in the glassed-in, upper-floor porch. Don't be confused by the name—there's no gambling here. Rather, it's a semisecret ultra-local haunt full of local character, and serving up excellent fish caught, more often than not, by the members themselves. It opens at 1 pm, so don't plan on an early lunch.
- Address: Kepa Deunaren 1, Mundaka, 48360
- Phone: 94/687–6005
- Location: Mundaka
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This TR is embarrassingly delayed. Read more
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more