- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
La Herradura Review
High over the ancient bridge of Anguiano, this is an excellent place to try the local specialty, caparrones colorados de Anguiano con sus sacramentos (small, red kidney beans stewed with sausage and fatback) made with the much-prized, extra-tasty hometown bean. Unpretentious and family run, La Herradura ("horseshoe") is a local favorite usually filled with Riojanos and trout fishermen taking a break from the river. The house wine is an acceptable and inexpensive Uruñuela cosechero (young wine of the year) from the Najerilla Valley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
My husband and I are taking a first time trip on the Windstar Yacht, the end of June. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more