This graceful mansion, the setting for one of Bilbao's finest restaurants, is 20 minutes from downtown on the subway, and then a seven-minute walk. At Jolastoki ("place to play" in Euskera), wild salmon from the Cares River; dark, red Bresse pigeon roasted in balsamic vinegar; lubina al vapor (steamed sea bass) as light as a soufflé; becada estofada a los nabos o flambeada al Armagnac (woodcock stuffed with turnips or flambéed in Armagnac); and encyclopedic salads are all done to perfection. The red-fruit dessert includes 11 varieties with sorbet in raspberry-and-mint coulis. Afterward, take a walk through the fishing quarter or head for the beach.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone, Trip report of our May trip to Northwest Spain on http://rebeccasnyder.com/18-days-in-northwest-spain.htm. On our Co... Read more
We are back from our wonderful, incredible, exhausting, educational and all around fabulous trip to Spain and Portugal! Everyone was... Read more