- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This farmhouse in the hills above Errenteria, 8 km (5 miles) northeast of San Sebastián, is surrounded by spices and herbs tended by chef Andoni Aduriz and his crew. In a contemporary rustic setting with a bright and open feeling, Aduriz works to preserve and enhance natural flavors using avant-garde techniques such as sous-vide (cooking vacuum-packed foods slowly in low-temperature water) with pristine products from field, forest, and sea. The tasting menu is the only option here, so commend yourself to Don Andoni's considerable skills and enjoy the ride.
- Address: Aldura Aldea 20, Otzazulueta Baserria, Errenteria San Sebastián, 20100 | Map It
- Phone: 943/522455; 943/518343
- Website: www.mugaritz.com
- Location: San Sebastián
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and mid-Dec.–mid-Apr. No lunch Tues. No dinner Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
We are going to Spain and Portugal for 3 weeks in April 2014, however would specifically appreciate your thoughts on our itinenary for Andalucia. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more