- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A busy industrial city of 152,000, Logroño has a lovely old quarter bordered by the Ebro and medieval walls, with Breton de los Herreros and Muro Francisco de la Mata the most characteristic streets.
Near Logroño, the Roman bridge and the mirador (lookout) at Viguera are the main sights in the lower Iregua Valley. According to legend, Santiago (St. James) helped the Christians defeat the Moors at the Castillo de Clavijo, another panoramic spot. The Leza (Cañon) del Río Leza is La Rioja's most dramatic canyon.
Logroño's dominant landmarks are the finest sacred structures in Rioja.
Logroño at a Glance
Elsewhere in Bilbao and the Basque Country
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe