Bilbao and the Basque Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Explore the Basque coast: From colorful fishing villages to tawny beaches, the Basque Coast always delights the eye.
Eat tapas in San Sebastián: Nothing matches San Sebastián's old quarter, with the booming laughter of tavern hoppers grazing at counters heaped with colorful morsels.
Appreciate Bilbao's art and architecture: The gleaming titanium Guggenheim and the Museo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Museum) shimmer where steel mills and shipyards once stood, while verdant pastures loom above and beyond.
Run with the bulls in Pamplona: Running with a pack of wild animals (and people) will certainly get the adrenaline pumping, but you might prefer to be a spectator.
Drink in La Rioja wine country: Spain's premier wine-growing region is filled with wine-tasting opportunities and fine cuisine.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $87 & up -- Barcelona: 4-Star Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Mercure Augusta Barcelona Valles
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- Spain Family IExplore
- Spain Family — $3,569 IExplore