Bilbao and the Basque Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Explore the Basque coast: From colorful fishing villages to tawny beaches, the Basque Coast always delights the eye.
Eat tapas in San Sebastián: Nothing matches San Sebastián's old quarter, with the booming laughter of tavern hoppers grazing at counters heaped with colorful morsels.
Appreciate Bilbao's art and architecture: The gleaming titanium Guggenheim and the Museo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Museum) shimmer where steel mills and shipyards once stood, while verdant pastures loom above and beyond.
Run with the bulls in Pamplona: Running with a pack of wild animals (and people) will certainly get the adrenaline pumping, but you might prefer to be a spectator.
Drink in La Rioja wine country: Spain's premier wine-growing region is filled with wine-tasting opportunities and fine cuisine.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's