- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
In Barcelona taxis are black and yellow and show a green rooftop light on the front right corner when available for hire. The meter currently starts at €2 and rises in increments of €0.90 every kilometer. These rates apply 6 am to 10 pm weekdays. At hours outside of these, the rates rise 20%. There are official supplements of €1 per bag for luggage.
Trips to or from a train station entail a supplemental charge of €2.10, while airport runs add a supplemental charge of €3.10, as do trips to or from a football match. There are cabstands (parades, in Catalan) all over town, and you can also hail cabs on the street, though if you are too close to an official stand they may not stop. You can call for a cab 24 hours a day. Drivers do not expect a tip, though rounding up in their favor is the norm.
Barna Taxi (Catalonia. 93/322-2222. www.barnataxi.com.)
Cooperativa Radio-Taxi Metropolitana Barcelona (93/225–0000.)
Radio Taxi 033 (Barcelona, Catalonia. 93/225-0000.)
Taxi Class Rent (93/307–0707. www.taxiclassrent.com.)
Teocar Mercedes (93/307–0506.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe