- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
In Barcelona the underground metro, or subway, is the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to get around. Lines 2, 3, and 5 run weekdays 5 am to midnight. Lines 1 and 4 close at 11. On Friday, Saturday, and holiday evenings all trains run 24 hours. The FGC trains run 5 am to 12:30 am on weekdays and all night on weekends and the eves of holidays. Sunday trains run on weekday schedules.
When switching from the metro line to the FGC (or vice versa), merely insert the card through the slot and the turnstile will open without charging you for a second ride provided less than an hour has elapsed since you punched in initially. Maps showing bus and metro routes are available free from booths in the Plaça de Catalunya.
Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (93/298–7000. www.tmb.net.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's