- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
In Barcelona taxis are black and yellow and show a green rooftop light on the front right corner when available for hire. The meter currently starts at €2 (€2.10 at night) and rises in increments of €0.11 every 100 meters or 1.10 per kilometer. These rates apply 6 am-10 pm weekdays. At hours outside of these, the rates rise 20%. There are official supplements of €1 per bag for luggage.
Trips from a train station or to the airport entail a supplemental charge of €3.10, as do trips to or from the bullring or a football match. There are cabstands (parades, in Catalan) all over town, and you can also hail cabs on the street, though if you are too close to an official stand they may not stop. You can call for a cab 24 hours a day. Drivers do not expect a tip, though rounding up in their favor is the norm.
Barna Taxi (93/357-7755.)
Cooperativa Radio-Taxi Metropolitana Barcelona (93/225-0000.)
Radio Taxi (93/303-3033.)
Taxi Class Rent (93/307-0707. www.taxiclassrent.com.)
Teocar Mercedes (93/308-3434.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Fall 7-Night Mediterranean Cruises — $399 MSC Cruises
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise — $859 Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean