- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The metro stops at Plaça de Catalunya and Provença nicely bracket this quintessential Barcelona neighborhood, while the Diagonal and Passeig de Gràcia stops right in the center.
Barcelona's unnumbered Eixample (Expansion), the post-1860 grid, is a perfect place to get lost, but fear not: the Eixample is vertebrate. Carrer Balmes divides the Eixample's working-class Esquerra (left, looking uphill) from its bourgeois Dreta (right). Even the blocks are divided into davant (front) or darrera (behind) apartments. The sides of the streets are either mar (sea) or muntanya (mountain).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's