Fodor's Barcelona 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Espai Sucre Review
The world's first dessert-only restaurant sounds like one of those terrible ideas that receives ridicule on reality TV shows, but Espai Sucre has been making a success of this distinctive concept since 2000. Attached to a creative and pioneering patisserie school that Willy Wonka would be proud of, this 30-seat restaurant serves multicourse tasting menus based around sweet-and-savory "desserts" that never fail to astonish and somehow never feel overwhelming. Consider goat "cheesecake" with raspberries, red pepper, and ginger; or squid rice with saffron custard and passion fruit. The innovation-for-innovation's-sake has been scaled back in recent years, but this is still a long way from a conventional dining experience—expect the unexpected.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went on a 2 week trip to Spain - it was my first international trip and I was so terrified at first! I don't speak Spanish and I was sca... Read more
Hello everyone, Trip report of our May trip to Northwest Spain on http://rebeccasnyder.com/18-days-in-northwest-spain.htm. On our Co... Read more