- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Saüc's new location in the Hotel Ohla two steps from the Palau de la Música Catalana has catapaulted chef Xavi Franco's inventive culinary offerings to a new level. Named for the curative elderberry plant, Saüc's elegantly modern decor—wide wood-plank floors and softly draped tablecloths—set the mood, and the avant-garde tabletop centerpiece is the first hint that the fare here is far from standard. This postmodern cuina d'autor (original cuisine) uses fine ingredients and combines them in flavorful surprises such as scallops with cod tripe and black sausage or monkfish with snails. The taster's menu is an unbroken series of unusual combinations of standard products, none of which fail to please. Try the coulant de chocolate y maracuyá (chocolate pudding with passion fruit) for dessert.
- Address: Via Laietana 49, Barri Gòtic, Barcelona, Catalonia 08003 | Map It
- Phone: 93/321-0189
- Website: www.saucrestaurant.com
- Metro Provença.
- Location: Eixample
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., holidays, Jan. 1--8, and Aug. 1--21.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $87 & up -- Barcelona: 4-Star Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Mercure Augusta Barcelona Valles
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 — $499 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $438 & up -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Royal Caribbean — $438 American Express Travel
Just got back from a few days in Barcelona with a fellow Fodorite. Read more
I have added photos from Spain, Morocco, and Gibraltar to my website. Read more
So those that have been with me from the start you will already know some of this but for those that don't here we go:
In June I am travelling to Europe with my two children (2 & 4) for 4/5weeks with Read more
· News & Features
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays... Read more