- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rey Juan Carlos I
At a Glance
- 10 minutes from the airport
- supremely comfortable and complete
- various restaurants and everything you might need without ever leaving the hotel
- polished and attentive service
- well removed (at least 20 minutes by taxi) from all of Barcelona's main sites
Check Rates from our Partners
Rey Juan Carlos I Review
This skyscraper is an exciting commercial complex as well as a luxury hotel, with sleek, contemporary rooms. Glass elevators whip up and down the spaceship-like atrium. Jewelry, furs, art, flowers, caviar, and even limousines are all for sale here. The lush garden, which includes a pond with swans, has an Olympic-size swimming pool, and the green expanses of Barcelona's finest in-town country club, El Polo. There are two restaurants: Chez Vous serves French cuisine, and Café Polo has a sumptuous buffet as well as an American bar. Elegant rooms have a residential feel with gorgeous wood doors, brass fixtures, and gray marbled bathrooms. All have a dash of sunny yellow textiles and some have excellent views.
- Address: Av. Diagonal 661–671, Diagonal, Barcelona, Catalonia 08028 | Map It
- Phone: 93/364–4040
- Website: www.hrjuancarlos.com
- Metro Zona Universitàri.
- Location: Sarrià, Sant Gervasi, Putxet, and Pedralbes
- 395 rooms, 38 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Me (23) and my partner (21) have booked a contiki tour that starts in Istanbul on the 16th of May, and finishes in Athens on the 26th of May. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery. ... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more