- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rey Juan Carlos I
At a Glance
- 10 minutes from the airport
- supremely comfortable and complete
- various restaurants and everything you might need without ever leaving the hotel
- polished and attentive service
- well removed (at least 20 minutes by taxi) from all of Barcelona's main sites
Check Rates from our Partners
Rey Juan Carlos I Review
This skyscraper is an exciting commercial complex as well as a luxury hotel, with sleek, contemporary rooms. Glass elevators whip up and down the spaceship-like atrium. Jewelry, furs, art, flowers, caviar, and even limousines are all for sale here. The lush garden, which includes a pond with swans, has an Olympic-size swimming pool, and the green expanses of Barcelona's finest in-town country club, El Polo. There are two restaurants: Chez Vous serves French cuisine, and Café Polo has a sumptuous buffet as well as an American bar. Elegant rooms have a residential feel with gorgeous wood doors, brass fixtures, and gray marbled bathrooms. All have a dash of sunny yellow textiles and some have excellent views.
- Address: Av. Diagonal 661–671, Diagonal, Barcelona, Catalonia 08028 | Map It
- Phone: 93/364–4040; 93/364–4223
- Website: www.hrjuancarlos.com
- Metro Zona Universitàri.
- Location: Sarrià, Sant Gervasi, Putxet, and Pedralbes
- 394 rooms, 38 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I went to http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
to try to purchase 2 tickets for "Sagrada Familia with a Guide" for April 22.
Selecting 15:00h, then click "Continue".
On the next screen ( https://www.clorian.com/site/SagradaFamilia/product/11/type/1?lang=en Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more