- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- relaxed and restful lobby, with ample and abundant spaces
- friendly and helpful staff
- far from most of Barcelona's main attractions
- on a roaring avenue generally clogged with traffic
Check Rates from our Partners
Meliá Barcelona Review
The lobby here has a waterfall with a hydraulic rush that dominates the reception and the piano bar (aptly christened Drinking in the Rain). Dark-wood shelves and dressers line amply sized rooms complete with flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. Although the hotel is hardly convenient to the sights you come to Barcelona to see, its famous brunches are gigantic feasts, an unnecessary extra with all the city's dining options, but for those that can't mobilize in the morning without a serious breakfast, this may be Barcelona's best.
- Address: Avda. de Sarrià 50, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia 08029 | Map It
- Phone: 93/410–6060; 902/144440
- Website: www.melia.com/es/hoteles/espana/barcelona/melia-barcelona/index.html
- Metro Provença, Maria Cristina.
- Location: The Eixample
- 324 rooms, 9 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I went to http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
to try to purchase 2 tickets for "Sagrada Familia with a Guide" for April 22.
Selecting 15:00h, then click "Continue".
On the next screen ( https://www.clorian.com/site/SagradaFamilia/product/11/type/1?lang=en Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more