- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central location five minutes from the Rambla
- panoramic views over city
- hip young clientele
- splashy design features not to everyone's liking
- the Raval might too wild for some customers
Check Rates from our Partners
Barceló Raval Review
Space age both inside and out, this cylindrical black rocket ship looming over the Raval houses a hip designer hotel. A lobby with contrasting black-and-white patterns accented by electric purple or cobalt blue, sets the scene. Rooms carry the Jetsons theme with mod white furniture and high-end gadgets like espresso machines and iPod docks. The upper floors on the Mediterranean side of the hotel have sea views, but everyone can enjoy the 360-degree vistas of all Barcelona from the roof terrace. For a contemporary design-lodging environment at moderate rates over one of Barcelona's most tumultuous neighborhoods, this is one of the city's recent revelations.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I went to http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
to try to purchase 2 tickets for "Sagrada Familia with a Guide" for April 22.
Selecting 15:00h, then click "Continue".
On the next screen ( https://www.clorian.com/site/SagradaFamilia/product/11/type/1?lang=en Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more