Fodor's Barcelona 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Restaurant Gaig Review
A rustic interpretation of the traditional cuisine that has made the Gaig family culinary stars, this cozy split-level restaurant has made a name for itself in Barcelona's ever-changing dining scene. As passions cooled for molecular gastronomy, Carles Gaig and a growing number of top chefs have returned to simpler and more affordable models. Look for standards such as botifarra amb mongetes de ganxet (sausage with white beans) or perdiu amb vinagreta calenta (partridge withe warm vinagrette) or tartar de llobarro i gamba (sea bass and shrimp tartare). The ample dining room is, in contrast to the cuisine, stylishly contemporary, with comfortable armchairs à table.
- Address: Còrsega 200, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08036 | Map It
- Phone: 93/453–2020; 93/429–1017
- Website: www.restaurantgaig.com
- Subway: Hospital Clínic
- Location: Eixample
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and 2 wks in Aug. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went on a 2 week trip to Spain - it was my first international trip and I was so terrified at first! I don't speak Spanish and I was sca... Read more
Hello everyone, Trip report of our May trip to Northwest Spain on http://rebeccasnyder.com/18-days-in-northwest-spain.htm. On our Co... Read more
Hi All! I am heading to Spain in just a few weeks and am trying to establish where I am spending my month in Spain. After reading endl... Read more