- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- unrivaled views and general design excitement and glamour
- excellent restaurants
- rooms are bright, clean-lined, and have nonpareil views in all directions
- the high-rise icon could seem garish to some
- a good hike from the Gothic Quarter
Check Rates from our Partners
W Barcelona Review
Opened in 2009, this towering sail-shape monolith is the most dominant and iconic shape on the Barcelona waterfront. Locally known as Hotel Vela ("Hotel Sail"), architect Ricardo Bofill's W is a stunner, inside and out. Rooms are an elegant, minimal wash of blond-on-beige wood and textiles, keeping the view front and center. Features throughout the hotel, such as the infinity-edge WET pool, a Bliss spa, and the Whatever/Whenever Service, add to the lush trappings. And master chef Carles Abellán adds to this with the superb cusines at Bravo 24 restaurant.
- Address: Pl. de la Rosa del Vents 1 (Moll de Llevant), Barceloneta, Barcelona, Catalonia 08039 | Map It
- Phone: 93/295–2800
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Metro Barceloneta.
- Location: Barceloneta and the Port Olímpic
- 473 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
I wil be visiting the Sagrada Familia for the third time, but going up a tower for the first time. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more