- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- unrivaled views and general design excitement and glamour
- excellent restaurants
- rooms are bright, clean-lined, and have nonpareil views in all directions
- the high-rise icon could seem garish to some
- a good hike from the Gothic Quarter
Check Rates from our Partners
W Barcelona Review
Opened in 2009, this towering sail-shape monolith is the most dominant and iconic shape on the Barcelona waterfront. Locally known as Hotel Vela ("Hotel Sail"), architect Ricardo Bofill's W is a stunner, inside and out. Rooms are an elegant, minimal wash of blond-on-beige wood and textiles, keeping the view front and center. Features throughout the hotel, such as the infinity-edge WET pool, a Bliss spa, and the Whatever/Whenever Service, add to the lush trappings. And master chef Carles Abellán adds to this with the superb cusines at Bravo 24 restaurant.
- Address: Pl. de la Rosa del Vents 1 (Moll de Llevant), Barceloneta, Barcelona, Catalonia 08039 | Map It
- Phone: 93/295–2800
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Metro Barceloneta.
- Location: Barceloneta and the Port Olímpic
- 473 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
We are going to be in Madrid March 22-28. Read more
· News & Features
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra ... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more