- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- unrivaled views and general design excitement and glamour
- excellent restaurants
- rooms are bright, clean-lined, and have nonpareil views in all directions
- the high-rise icon could seem garish to some
- a good hike from the Gothic Quarter
Check Rates from our Partners
W Barcelona Review
Opened in 2009, this towering sail-shape monolith is the most dominant and iconic shape on the Barcelona waterfront. Locally known as Hotel Vela ("Hotel Sail"), architect Ricardo Bofill's W is a stunner, inside and out. Rooms are an elegant, minimal wash of blond-on-beige wood and textiles, keeping the view front and center. Features throughout the hotel, such as the infinity-edge WET pool, a Bliss spa, and the Whatever/Whenever Service, add to the lush trappings. And master chef Carles Abellán adds to this with the superb cusines at Bravo 24 restaurant.
- Address: Pl. de la Rosa del Vents 1, Moll de Llevant Barceloneta, Barcelona, Catalonia 08039 | Map It
- Phone: 93/295–2800
- Website: www.w-barcelona.com
- Metro Barceloneta.
- Location: Barceloneta and the Port Olímpic
- 406 rooms, 65 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I went to http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
to try to purchase 2 tickets for "Sagrada Familia with a Guide" for April 22.
Selecting 15:00h, then click "Continue".
On the next screen ( https://www.clorian.com/site/SagradaFamilia/product/11/type/1?lang=en Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more