- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- unrivaled views and general design excitement and glamour
- excellent restaurants
- rooms are bright, clean-lined, and have nonpareil views in all directions
- the high-rise icon could seem garish to some
- a good hike from the Gothic Quarter
Check Rates from our Partners
W Barcelona Review
Opened in 2009, this towering sail-shape monolith is the most dominant and iconic shape on the Barcelona waterfront. Locally known as Hotel Vela ("Hotel Sail"), architect Ricardo Bofill's W is a stunner, inside and out. Rooms are an elegant, minimal wash of blond-on-beige wood and textiles, keeping the view front and center. Features throughout the hotel, such as the infinity-edge WET pool, a Bliss spa, and the Whatever/Whenever Service, add to the lush trappings. And master chef Carles Abellán adds to this with the superb cusines at Bravo 24 restaurant.
- Address: Pl. de la Rosa del Vents 1 (Moll de Llevant), Barceloneta, Barcelona, Catalonia 08039 | Map It
- Phone: 93/295-2800
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Metro Barceloneta.
- Location: Barceloneta and the Port Olímpic
- 473 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $87 & up -- Barcelona: 4-Star Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Mercure Augusta Barcelona Valles
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 — $499 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $438 & up -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Royal Caribbean — $438 American Express Travel
Just got back from a few days in Barcelona with a fellow Fodorite. Read more
I have added photos from Spain, Morocco, and Gibraltar to my website. Read more
So those that have been with me from the start you will already know some of this but for those that don't here we go:
In June I am travelling to Europe with my two children (2 & 4) for 4/5weeks with Read more
· News & Features
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays... Read more