- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central location on the Rambla
- a fine combination of design and technology
- subway rumble discernible in lower rooms on Rambla side
Check Rates from our Partners
Overlooking the Rambla, this imposing mansion occupies a building with an illustrious history as the headquarters of the Compañia de Tabacos de Filipinas. Named for the fateful year when Spain was stripped of its final colonial outposts (the Philippines among them), the hotel's elegance imagines bygone imperial days. Rooms are equipped with free Wi-Fi and other modern touches while decorated with maritime touches like nautical stripes and bamboo. The upper rooms with terraces on the side away from the Rambla have lovely views of Montjuïc, the Mediterranean, and the Collserola hills behind the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
We are planning on traveling to Europe at the end of June for around 21 days, would like to visit as many cities as possible, thinking on arriving to Frankfurt then taking a train or driving to Prague from Read more
· News & Features
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra ... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more