- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- well equipped, designed, and positioned for a low-cost Barcelona visit
- young and friendly staff
- rooms are a little cramped
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Market Review
Wallet-friendly and design-conscious, this boutique hotel is named for the Mercat de Sant Antoni a block away. On a little alleyway and walking distance from all of the Raval and Gothic Quarter sites and attractions, this high-tech designer property is one of Barcelona's best bargains. Rooms are simply but solidly furnished with dramatic, ebony-stained wood headboards and beams setting off bright white bedspreads and red lacquered surfaces. The hotel restaurant offers good Catalan cuisine at an excellent value.
- Address: Carrer Comte Borrell 68, entrance on Passatge Sant Antoni Abat 10 El Raval, Barcelona, Catalonia 08001 | Map It
- Phone: 93/325–1205
- Website: www.markethotel.com.es
- Metro Sant Antoni.
- Location: El Raval
- 37 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
My sister and myself fairly well traveled in Europe, want to spend about 2 weeks in SanSebastian Basque country June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more