- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Martin Berasategui, one of San Sebastián's fleet of master chefs, opened his Barcelona restaurant in early 2006 and triumphed from day one. Berasategui has placed his kitchen in the capable hands of Alex Garés, who trained with the best and serves an eclectic selection of Basque, Mediterranean, market, and personal interpretations and creations. Expect whimsical aperitifs and dishes with serious flavor such as foie and smoked eel or simple wood pigeon cooked to perfection. For a lighter, more economical Berasategui-directed experience, try Loidi restaurant, across the street in the Hotel Condes de Barcelona annex.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Hi - My parents are going to Spain (Valencia/Barcelona) for a couple of weeks and I wanted to give them a gift card/travel card for Christmas to use on their trip. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more