- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Jaume de Provença
Jaume de Provença Review
Chef Jaume Bargués is beloved by Barcelona haute-cuisine fans. His no-frills, straight-up, fine Catalan cuisine dining repertoire was thriving before and during the molecular cuisine craze and shows every sign of continuing to do so as it all winds down. Winning dishes include lenguado relleno de setas (sole stuffed with mushrooms) and the lubina (sea bass) soufflé. The traditionally designed restaurant, pine-paneled and complete with a bar and a spacious-yet-intimate dining room, is in the Hospital Clinic part of the Eixample.
- Address: Provença 88, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia 08029 | Map It
- Phone: 93/430–0029
- Website: www.jaumeprovenza.com
- Metro Entença.
- Location: The Eixample
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon., Aug., Easter wk, and Dec. 25 and 26. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
· News & Features
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra ... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more