- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Jaume de Provença
Jaume de Provença Review
Chef Jaume Bargués is beloved by Barcelona haute-cuisine fans. His no-frills, straight-up, fine Catalan cuisine dining repertoire was thriving before and during the molecular cuisine craze and shows every sign of continuing to do so as it all winds down. Winning dishes include lenguado relleno de setas (sole stuffed with mushrooms) and the lubina (sea bass) soufflé. The traditionally designed restaurant, pine-paneled and complete with a bar and a spacious-yet-intimate dining room, is in the Hospital Clinic part of the Eixample.
- Address: Provença 88, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia 08029 | Map It
- Phone: 93/430–0029
- Website: www.jaumeprovenza.com
- Metro Entença.
- Location: The Eixample
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon., Aug., Easter wk, and Dec. 25 and 26. No dinner Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
My sister and myself fairly well traveled in Europe, want to spend about 2 weeks in SanSebastian Basque country June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more