- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- prime location
- elegant lobby
- old-fashioned and overly ornate
- no trace of cutting-edge, contemporary-design-happy Barcelona here
Check Rates from our Partners
Avenida Palace Review
Ideally located at the bottom of the Eixample, a five-minute walk from both the airport bus and the Passeig de Gràcia RENFE stop, this hotel has an elegant and traditional style, despite dating from only 1952. The lobby is wonderfully ornate, with curving staircases spinning off in many directions. Everything is patterned, from the carpets to the plasterwork, a style largely echoed in the bedrooms. (Read: If you want contemporary minimalism, stay elsewhere.) The Beatles stayed here in 1965 and a "Beatles Suite" is enshrined with mementos and paraphernalia.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I went to http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
to try to purchase 2 tickets for "Sagrada Familia with a Guide" for April 22.
Selecting 15:00h, then click "Continue".
On the next screen ( https://www.clorian.com/site/SagradaFamilia/product/11/type/1?lang=en Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more