- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Camp Nou Review
If you're in Barcelona between September and June, a chance to witness the celebrated FC Barcelona play soccer (preferably against Real Madrid, if you can get in) at Barcelona's gigantic stadium is a seminal Barcelona experience. Just the walk down to the field from the Diagonal with another hundred thousand fans walking fast and hushed in electric anticipation is unforgettable. Games are played Saturday night at 9 or Sunday afternoon at 5, though there may be international Champions League games on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings as well. A worthwhile alternative to seeing a game is the guided tour of the FC Barcelona museum—the city's most visited tourist attraction—and facilities.
- Address: Arístides Maillol s/n, Les Corts, Barcelona, Catalonia 08028 | Map It
- Phone: 93/496–3608 museum; 902/189900 club office
- Cost: Museum €23 (combined ticket including tour of museum, field, and sports complex)
- Hours: Museum Mon.–Sat. 10 am–6:30 pm (Apr.–Oct. to 8 pm), Sun. 10–2:30. On match days, the museum closes 3 hrs before, and stadium tours are not available.
- Website: www.fcbarcelona.cat
- Metro Collblanc, Palau Reial.
- Location: Upper Barcelona
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
A friend just returned from France, and said they had to have a PIN to use their credit card to pay for hotel, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more