- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Plaça Sant Felip Neri
Plaça Sant Felip Neri Review
A tiny square just behind Plaça de Garriga Bachs off the side of the cloister of the Catedral de la Seu, this space was once the cemetery for Barcelona's executed heroes and villains, before all church graveyards were moved to the south side of Montjuïc where the municipal cemetery now resides. A favorite spot for early-music concerts, the square is centered on a fountain, whose trickling—a constant E-flat—fills the square with its own water music. A bomb explosion during the Spanish civil war caused the pockmarks on the walls of the San Felip Neri church.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
It has been years since I posted to this board, and I hope everyone is doing well. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more