- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Alberg Mare de Deu de Montserrat
At a Glance
- excellent budget choice
- takes all ages
- friendly service
- lavish Art Nouveau design
- accommodations vary from dormitory-like multiple-bedrooms to smaller rooms for two to four
- front door opens only at intervals after midnight
- far from downtown Barcelona and popular landmarks
Alberg Mare de Deu de Montserrat Review
Shared rooms and bathrooms notwithstanding, this is one of the city's great bargains overlooking the city near Gaudí's Güell Park.This youth hostel accepts guests over 25 with youth hostel cards, which are available at the front desk for a small fee (€5). The lobby, a Moderniste exhibition featuring Moorish horseshoe arches and polychrome marquetry right out of the Arabian Nights, has been featured in Barcelona art books. Bus 28 from the Rambla and the green line's Vallcarca metro station get you home. Doors close at midnight, but open every 30 minutes for late arrivals, that is, everyone.
- Address: Passeig de la Mare de Déu del Coll 41–51, Vallcarca, Catalonia 08023 | Map It
- Phone: 93/210–5151
- Website: www.xanascat.cat
- Metro Vallcarca.
- Location: Sarrià, Sant Gervasi, Putxet, and Pedralbes
- 209 beds in rooms for 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
My sister and myself fairly well traveled in Europe, want to spend about 2 weeks in SanSebastian Basque country June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more