- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Palau Reial de Pedralbes (Royal Palace of Pedralbes)
Palau Reial de Pedralbes (Royal Palace of Pedralbes) Review
Built in the 1920s as the palatial estate of Count Eusebi Güell—one of Gaudí's most important patrons—this mansion was transformed into a royal palace by architect Eusebi Bona i Puig and completed in 1929. King Alfonso XIII, grandfather of Spanish king Juan Carlos I, visited the palace in the mid-1920s before its completion. In 1931, during the Second Spanish Republic, the palace became the property of the municipal government, and it was converted to a decorative arts museum in 1932. In 1936 the rambling, elegant country-manor-house palace was used as the official residence of Manuel Azaña, last president of the Spanish Republic. Today the palace houses the Museu Tèxtil i d'Indumentària (which maintains its Carrer Montcada site for temporary exhibits), the Museu de Ceràmica, and the Disseny Hub ( Design Hub), previously known as the Museu de les Arts Decoratives.
- Address: Av. Diagonal 686, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia 08034 | Map It
- Phone: 93/280–5024 decorative arts museum; 93/280–1621 ceramic museum
- Cost: €4.50 includes both museums; free 1st Sun. of month
- Hours: Tues.–Sat. 10–6, Sun. 10–3
- Website: www.museuceramica.bcn.es
- Metro Palau Reial.
- Location: Upper Barcelona
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Hi - My parents are going to Spain (Valencia/Barcelona) for a couple of weeks and I wanted to give them a gift card/travel card for Christmas to use on their trip. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more