- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Palau Reial de Pedralbes (Royal Palace of Pedralbes)
Palau Reial de Pedralbes (Royal Palace of Pedralbes) Review
Built in the 1920s as the palatial estate of Count Eusebi Güell—one of Gaudí's most important patrons—this mansion was transformed into a royal palace by architect Eusebi Bona i Puig and completed in 1929. King Alfonso XIII, grandfather of Spanish king Juan Carlos I, visited the palace in the mid-1920s before its completion. In 1931, during the Second Spanish Republic, the palace became the property of the municipal government, and it was converted to a decorative arts museum in 1932. In 1936 the rambling, elegant country-manor-house palace was used as the official residence of Manuel Azaña, last president of the Spanish Republic. Today the palace houses the Museu Tèxtil i d'Indumentària (which maintains its Carrer Montcada site for temporary exhibits), the Museu de Ceràmica, and the Disseny Hub ( Design Hub), previously known as the Museu de les Arts Decoratives.
- Address: Av. Diagonal 686, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia 08034 | Map It
- Phone: 93/280–5024 decorative arts museum; 93/280–1621 ceramic museum
- Cost: €4.50 includes both museums; free 1st Sun. of month
- Hours: Tues.–Sat. 10–6, Sun. 10–3
- Website: www.museuceramica.bcn.es
- Metro Palau Reial.
- Location: Upper Barcelona
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
· News & Features
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra ... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more