- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
A graceful and easygoing mainstay in Barcelona's culinary galaxy, this restaurant serves modern cuisine to some of the city's most discerning and distinguished diners. Located just below Via Augusta, Silvestre's series of intimate dining rooms and cozy corners are carefully tended by chef Guillermo Casañé and his charming wife Marta Cabot, a fluent English–speaking maître d' and partner. Look for fresh market produce lovingly prepared in dishes such as tuna tartare, noodles and shrimp, or wood pigeon with duck liver. Willy's semi-secret list of house wines is always surprising for its quality and value.
- Address: Santaló 101, Sant Gervasi, Barcelona, Catalonia 08021 | Map It
- Phone: 93/241–4031
- Website: www.restaurante-silvestre.com
- Metro Muntaner.
- Location: Sarrià, Pedralbes, and Sant Gervasi
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., middle 2 wks of Aug., and Easter wk. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
My sister and myself fairly well traveled in Europe, want to spend about 2 weeks in SanSebastian Basque country June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more