- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Casa Gispert Review
On the inland side of Santa Maria del Mar, this shop is one of the most aromatic and picturesque in Barcelona, bursting with teas, coffees, spices, saffron, chocolates, and nuts. The star element in this olfactory and aesthetic feast is an almond-roasting stove in the back of the store—purportedly the oldest in Europe, dating from 1851, like the store itself. But don't miss the acid engravings on the office windows or the ancient wooden back door.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
· News & Features
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra ... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more