- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Dining with Children?
Barceloneta's beachfront paella specialists are great favorites for Sunday lunches, with children free to get up and run, skate, cycle, or generally race up and down the boardwalk while their parents linger over brandies and coffee. Els Pescadors (Pl. de Prim 1, Port Olímpic 93/225–2018 Closed Mon. Poblenou), a seafood restaurant, has a lovely terrace opening onto a little square that is handy for children letting off steam.
For sandwiches on the go, served on fresh, warm bread—an inexpensive and respectable snack—try the Pans & Company stores all over town. Children will always gobble the Catalan staple pa amb tomaquet (toasted bread with olive oil and squeezed tomato), and most cafés, bars, and terraces can whip up a plate on short notice. And for dessert, Barcelona's ubiquitous ice-cream parlors and vendors are another favorite.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's