Tennis in Barcelona
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Complejo Deportivo Can Caralleu. A 30-minute walk uphill from the Reina Elisenda subway stop (FFCC de la Generalitat), Can Caralleu has hard surface tennis courts, a soccer pitch and running track, two pools, a fitness center–and even a climbing wall. It's open daily 8 am to 11 pm. A one-day membership at €13.25 gives you unlimited court time (as available), and the use of all other facilities. Carrer Esports 2–8, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08017. 93/2037874. www.cemcancaralleu.cat. Daily 8 am–11 pm.
Trofeo Godó – Open Seat. Barcelona's main tennis tournament, held in late April, is a clay-court event long considered a French Open warm-up. For tickets to this event, consult with the Reial Club de Tenis de Barcelona or the tournament website beginning in late February. Tickets may also be obtained at www.servicaixa.com. Carrer de Bosch i Gimpera 21, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08034. 93/2037852. www.barcelonaopenbancsabadell.com.
Vall d'Hebron. The Olympic tennis facilities here are open daily 8 am–11 pm; clay costs €22 per hour, hard courts €18. Passeig Vall d'Hebron 178–196, Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08035. 93/427–6500. Clay courts €22/hr, hard courts €18/hr (lights €6). Daily 8 am–11 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's