Tennis in Barcelona
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Complejo Deportivo Can Caralleu. A 30-minute walk uphill from the Reina Elisenda subway stop (FFCC de la Generalitat), this center offers hard surface tennis courts and clean air. It's open daily 8 am to 11 pm. Tennis courts cost €15 per hour by day, €20 at night. Memberships are inexpensive and include use of fitness equipment and swimming pool by the day, week or month. Carrer Esports 2–8, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08017. 93/203–7874. www.cemcancaralleu.cat. €15/hr day, €20/hr night. Daily 8 am–11 pm.
Trofeo Godo-Open Seat. Barcelona's main tennis tournament, held in late April, is a clay-court event long considered a French Open warm-up. For tickets to this event, consult with the Reial Club de Tenis de Barcelona or the tournament website beginning in late February. Tickets may also be obtained at www.servicaixa.com. Carrer de Bosch i Gimpera 21, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08034. 93/203-7852. www.barcelonaopenbancsabadell.com.
Vall d'Hebron. The Olympic tennis facilities here are open daily 8 am–11 pm; clay costs €22 per hour, hard courts €18. Passeig Vall d'Hebron 178–196, Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08035. 93/427–6500. Clay courts €22/hr, hard courts €18/hr (lights €6). Daily 8 am–11 pm.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe