Sailing and Windsurfing in Barcelona
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Sailing and Windsurfing
On any day of the week in Barcelona you can see midday regattas taking place off the Barceloneta beaches or beyond the rompeolas (breakwater) on the far side of the port. Believe it or not, Olympic-level sailors are being trained for competition just a stone's throw (or two) from the Rambla.
Proa 7. Part of the Barceloviatjes agency, Proa 7 charters riverboats, catamarans, power yachts, and canal tours, and arranges all manner of fluvial boating opportunities. Consell de Cent 344, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08009. 93/487-0920.
Reial Club Maritim de Barcelona. Barcelona's most exclusive and prestigious yacht club can advise visitors on matters maritime, from where to charter yachts and sailboats to how to sign up for sailing programs. Moll d'Espanya 1, Port Vell, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003. 93/221-4859. www.maritimbarcelona.org.
Ronautica. Rent a sailboat, power craft, or windsurfing equipment here. Moll de la Marina 11, Port Olimpic, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08005. 93/221-8515.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe